Chief Technical Officer
In this role, you will have considerable impact across the team you hire, the organisation culture, and the business’s financial performance. You will be a builder and creator at heart, probably a software nerd, and super passionate about the opportunity of voice technologies. Being a software expert, doesn’t preclude you from building meaningful relationships inside and outside the business. You can speak publicly, rally the troops, and people naturally warm to you.
You will always want to roll up your sleeves, but you will also be able to take a step back and see the larger vision. You will need to be able to spot the sharpest and brightest talent to grow your team, and should have a few candidates in mind already.
A clever full-stack developer who can:
- Develop algorithms to find product-critical meaning from what users ask. Knowing what to do, how they should do it, and how long it will take is critical to user success
- Build the information structure so the Whispr platform can digest and understand, and in turn make it voice guide the user. Human writeable, and machine readable
- A crucial ability to switch between rolling up your sleeves, and leading and motivating your team. This will span a variety of technical disciples from AI, to NLP, to coding, to design
- A wealth of technical knowledge and expertise, backed by some experience ideally in voice
- 20:20 vision of the short and long term needs of the engineering org
An acute sense of who will make a good fit on your team, and within our business
- Modern development technologies: Objective-C, Swift or Java, C++
- You have a modern and professional approach to version control, testing, rapid development
- A hunger to always strive for aggressive growth, in a methodical, logical way
- Developed voice-based applications
- Developed applications for workers in the field
- Have a background in learning or instructional design
We’re an early-stage startup, but we always want people to feel valued. If there’s something super important to you, let us know.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Open vacation policy
- Macbooks, or whatever equipment you need
- Weekly demo-days, cross-company developer meetings and great Friday bars
- Awesome co-workers and an office next to the meatpacking district (our rooftop terrace has the best view in Copenhagen)